From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:44:21 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Kirsten Clark [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 10:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: kclark
Subject: Faculty survey on maps collection

New Mexico State University Library is in the process of developing a
Map/GIS Research Room. Because there are many GIS initiatives already on
campus, I would like to survey the faculty about their GIS uses and
needs, and how the library could fill a role in supporting their work.
This Research Room will include our tangible map collection, so I am
also interested in how faculty view the use of these maps.

Has anyone surveyed their faculty about these topics?  I am particularly
interested in specific questions asked and how the survey information
was used.

Thanks--

Kirsten

--------------------------------------
Kirsten Clark
Government Documents Librarian
University Library, MSC 3475
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM  88003-8006
Phone: 505-646-4385
Fax: 505-646-7477

This is a place of mystery, Daniel, a sanctuary.  Every book, every
volume
you see here, has a soul.  The soul of the person who wrote it and of
those
who read it and lived and dreamed within it.  Every time a book changes
hands,
every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and
strengthens.
     -----  The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon