From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:31:56 -0600
Subject:        RE: MAPS-L: Reference Question?
Date:   Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:47:23 -0600
From:   McEathron, Scott R <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

David,
Some of the measures used by the late professor John R. Borchert in his book "America's northern heartland" may be useful to the student.  In his thesis, Minneapolis/St. Paul was the central place of the  "northern heartland."

Best wishes,
Scott

P.S. Nice to see Harvard is interested in Geography again