From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:48:27 -0600
Subject:        Location of Nice, County Mayo
Date:   Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:20:09 +1300
From:   Brian Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

I have been asked by one of our academics to try and locate a place
named Nice, which is (was?) in County Mayo, Ireland, somewhere around
Clew Bay.  It is possible that the locality was entirely depopulated
during the potato famine, and it may no longer exist.  If anyone can
locate this place for me, it would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Brian Marshall
Subject Librarian: Geography & Environmental
   Science
University of Auckland Library
Private Bag 92019
Auckland, NEW ZEALAND

Telephone:  64 - 9 - 3737599 extension 88452
Fax:        64 - 9 - 3737568
Web: http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/subjects/geog/geogsubj.htm
"It is not good for the soul to travel faster than the trot of a camel".