From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:10:54 -0600
Subject:        Plea for GeoExpress Help
Date:   Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:09:19 -0600
From:   Ann Runyard <[log in to unmask]>
To:     maps-l

Hello All,

With the increase of MrSID digital orthophotos coming in from government
institutions we have had to break down and admit that we need software that
will allow us to:

a)Clip the MrSIDs to study area
b)Translate to GeoTIFFs to reduce file size
c)Retain the georectification (.tfw world file) and projection

After researching this situation I have found that LizardTech/GeoExpress with
MrSID is the solution to our problem, although a very expensive solution.
Unfortunately, the free download is longer available and the trial version only
lasts for four hours and corrupts the georectification.

In order to fully justify paying out the money for the support and maintenance I
would appreciate any feedback from the GIS/Mapping community regarding the MrSID
to GeoTIFF problem and/or the LizardTech/GeoExpress software usage.

Thank you all for your help.

Regards,

Ann

--