Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:28:22 -0600
Subject:        mysterious Hungarian land use map
Date:   Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:03:14 -0600
From:   McInroy, Mary R <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

I am wondering any of you have access to the following 1982 book, and
could look at the folded map included. That identification would help us
determine whether or not a specific map we have of Hungarian land use is
the folded map in the book. LC has cataloged the book and may be the
only place that owns it. I’m not quite sure how we ended up with the map
only, but here goes.

LC Control # is 8415902

Title: Magyarország falutipusai

Author: Pál Beluszky

Pub info: Budapest: Magyar Tudományos Akadémia Földrajztudományi Kutató
Intézet, 1982.

Record reads “one col. Map on folded leaf in pocket.” which we hope is
our map. We think it matches up, but cannot be sure until we have some
sort of access to the map in the book—I can send any responders a
digital photo of the map we have.

Please respond off list and thank you for any assistance you can give us.

Mary McInroy
Reference & Library Instruction/ Map Collection
University of Iowa Libraries
Iowa City, IA 52242-1420
(319)335-6247

FAX: (319)335-5900