From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:44:06 -0600
Subject:        HelenJane
Date:   Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:00:17 -0600
From:   Harry O. Davis <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

I hasten to add my shower of accolades and thanks to HelenJane and to
wish her, most heartily, all best wishes for the happiest of happy
retirements!

It has always been an unhappy circumstance to go to ALA or SLA and not
see and visit with HelenJane.  Fortunately, that has been an infrequent
situation.  Seeing her enriches one's day and being able to learn from
her has been good fortune indeed.

HelenJane has spread her wings wide in map librarianship and with that
breadth has come such significant depth as well.  I think I remain
especially mindful of her advocacy to promote, to market the role of map
libraries to library administrators.  She is an exemplar of the essence
of good map librarianship.

One of my good memories is visiting with HelenJane at the map library at
the University of Florida and being infused with her enthusiasm.  Pure
HelenJane!

Hope to see you again, HelenJane.  Until then, and always, the very best
wishes!

Harry Davis

Harry O. Davis
Map Librarian
Morris Library / MS 6632
605 Agriculture Drive
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, Illinois 62901

Phone:  618-453-2372 or 618-453-2705  <> FAX:  618-453-2704
Internet: [log in to unmask]