From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 07:51:18 -0600
Subject:        Country boundaries
Date:   Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:41:54 +1100
From:   <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Can anyone point me to an up-to-date online GIS/data service or online
mapping site which has country boundaries and names. We'd like to be able to
do spatial queries such as "show me all the countries in this polygon eg in
an area in the Pacific". Alternatively is there a definitive spatial dataset
with administrative boundaries available for download or purchase somewhere?
I have searched the web and found some semi-useful information but really
there is way too much to wade through.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Jon  Stirzaker
Geoscience Australia
Web: www.ga.gov.au
E-mail:   [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>