From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:40:41 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Article on Mapping in Encyclopedia of New York State
Date: fRI, 10 Jun 2005 19:52:25 EDT
From: [log in to unmask]

those of you who are interested in New York State maps might want to
know about my article on "Cartography and Mapping" that has just been
published in The Encyclopedia of New York State (Syracuse University
Press).  The article covers the entire history of the mapping of New
York State from the sixteenth century to the present.  It is (I think)
about 3500 words long, so it is fairly comprehensive for an encyclopedia
article.  Might be of interest to beginning librarians, students, and
researchers who are new to the subject.

David Allen
La Mesa, CA