From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:39:07 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Re: MAPS-L: list of national geographic supplements?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005
From: Gwen Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum"

Back in 1994, someone at NGS sent me a copy of both a chronological list
and a geographic area list of the National Geographic supplement maps.
I suggest that you send an inquiry to their contact for miscellaneous
questions at [log in to unmask] to see if there's still
someone around who has this list and will send you a copy.  I'd offer to
copy my list for you, but it's rather long and we've made all sorts of
notes on it.  -- Gwen Curtis, Univ. of Ky Libraries

At 11:25 AM 6/15/2005 -0500, you wrote:

> MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
>
> Subject: list of national geographic supplements?
> Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005
> From: Jon Jablonski <[log in to unmask]>
> To: MAPS-L
>

> I've checked the archives and this doesn't seem to have come up in the
> past--although handling of these maps has been discussed.
>
> Is there an index or a list of National Geographic insert maps?  Once
> could probably compile such a list from a library's catalog that has
> faithfully described them, but I am hoping someone has already created
> such a list.
>
> --jon jablonski
>  MAP/GIS Librarian, University of Oregon.
>

> --

Gwen Curtis ([log in to unmask])
Pirtle Geological Sciences Library and Map Collection
410 King Library Addition
University of Kentucky Libraries
Lexington, KY 40506-0039
(859) 257-1853