From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 15:42:35 -0500
Subject:        what to do with historic U.S. Coastal and Geodetic Survey
chart collection
Date:   Thu, 17 May 2007 15:35:03 -0500
From:   Richard Stringer-Hye <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Vanderbilt has a fairly extensive collection of historic U.S. Coastal and
Geodetic Survey maps and nautical charts, mostly from the late nineteenth and
early twentieth centuries. Unfortunately, many are brittle and fall to pieces
when touched, while others are still in pretty good condition. We can no longer
store these in our map collection or in our storage facility and are wondering
what we can do with them. We hate to discard them as they are beautiful.
Shipping them also seems prohibitive. Hoping you experts might have an thought
or an opinion? Thanks much, Rick

Richard Stringer-Hye
Science and Engineering Library
Vanderbilt University