Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:35:42 -0500
Subject:        Re: RFID tags on maps
Date:   Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:25:19 -0400
From:   Frank Wihbey <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Sue:
  Not sure If I am precisely addressing your question.  We barcode the item to speed up circulation and inventory.  For security we use 3M Tattle strips.  They are disguised by being placed on the back of the map under white card stock bearing
information about the map, and/or under a container flap for an associated item.

F r a n k

Frank Wihbey
Head, Government Publications, Maps, GIS & Microforms Department
    Tri-State Regional Document Depository
    Canadian Federal Government Document Depository
    GeoStats Spatial & Numeric Data Service
Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono, ME  04469-5729  USA