Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:26:41 -0500
Subject:        Searching for images of early topo maps of N. India
Date:   Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:47:18 -0500
From:   John Lawton <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

I have a patron whose research requires consultation with topographic
maps of northern India (Uttar Pradesh is the state of interest) at a
relatively large scale for the 1920s through the 1940s or so and also
for around the 1970s.  For the early range of years, the set of maps
produced by the Surveyor General of India at a scale of 1:63,360
would meet his needs.

I have searched numerous digital repositories of scanned maps hoping
to find a digitized set somewhere, but for these years I have had no success.

Does anyone know of any digitized map collections that contain images
of topographic maps of this region of India for these years?

Thank you!

John

John Lawton
Assistant Map Librarian
John R. Borchert Map Library
University of Minnesota
S-76 Wilson Library
309 19th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN  55455
Phone: (612) 624-5757 | Fax: (612) 626-9353
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://map.lib.umn.edu