Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 10:58:55 -0500
Subject:        Article on use of digital images to analyze historical maps
Date:   Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:37:46 EDT
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]

    Some of you may want to take a look at my new article on the New
York Map Society Web site
(http://www.nymapsociety.org/FEATURES/ALLEN.HTM).  It is entitled
"Comparing Eighteenth-Century Maps of New York State Using Digital
Imagery."  Its use of MapAnalyst and digital overlays may make it of
some interest even to people who are not particularly interested in
colonial era maps of New York State.  The article is an expanded version
of talks I gave earlier this year at WAML and NEMO.

David Allen
Stony Brook University (retired)

Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com
<http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982>.