From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:23:32 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

MAPS-L: Including maps in Google Scholar

Date:   Thu, 1 Dec 2005
From:   L-Soft list server at UGA (1.8d) <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>

Paige -

Interesting that you should write this as it is a topic of discussion in
some circles. As one who works in a small institution that Google has shown
some interest in (and I suspect they are reading this at the same time you
are?) I believe that maps offer only a small amount of difficulty as
compared to other formats. And, what would be an impressive starting point
would be to have Google "mine" various online databases so that they
include bib records in Google Scholar that are accompanied by high quality
raster images - how would that be for a start?

David

David A. Cobb                                   Tel. 617.495.2417
Harvard Map Collection                          FAX  617.496.0440
Harvard College Library                         Email: [log in to unmask]
Cambridge, MA 02138                             HTTP://hcl.harvard.edu/maps