From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:58:43 -0600
Subject:        Harvard Digital Images
Date:   Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:22:11 -0500
From:   David Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Colleagues -

As our cataloging project continues to make progress it seems appropriate
to give a status report on our digital imaging as well. We have recently
completed our cataloging of our historical collections through New York and
have now begun New Jersey with all of New England completed. We have
selected certain items from our collections to digitally capture for
research use and curriculum support. Links are provided within each catalog
record and may be searched generally in our Hollis online catalog by
searching "Harvard Map Collection digital maps" in the title field. For
example, you will find images for all ten of the Sotzmann maps, 53 maps
from our Cartographic Treasures exhibit at the 2003 ICHC Conference, 48
maps of Boston, 60 maps of Massachusetts cities and towns, 11 maps of New
Hampshire, and 18 maps of Maine among others.

We will continue to provide selected digital images in the future and we
are making selections now for Vermont, Connecticut, and Rhode Island which
will be added soon. Most of these maps have also been geo-referenced and
are available in the Harvard Geospatial Library as raster images. We hope
the cartographic community can use these maps in their research and we look
forward to making additional images available in the future.

David Cobb

David A. Cobb                                   Tel. 617.495.2417
Harvard Map Collection                          FAX  617.496.0440
Harvard College Library                         Email: [log in to unmask]
Cambridge, MA 02138                             HTTP://hcl.harvard.edu/maps