From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2007 12:10:56 -0500
Subject:        Re: Four Doors, California
Date:   Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:47:51 -0700
From:   Rixanne Wehren <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

There is a Four Corners in Mendocino county, California. approx 250
miles north of San Francisco. the access is from Humboldt County,
Garberville, then west on Briceland Rd through the old town of
Whitethorn to the junction with Usal Road. this junction is Four
Corners, it had houses and perhaps a stable at one time but is now
just rural lots.

The closest town with a newspaper is Garberville, with the
Garberville Record being the oldest newspaper.
The Four Corners area was also once called Gopherville, with a small
village and sawmill.
The Sinkyone Wilderness State Park is immediately west.
This spot was probably on the oldest Coastal Trail from SF to Eureka.
the trail down to Needle Rock was a tan bark and redwood ties
shipping route during the sail/steamer age.

hope this helps,
Rixanne

--
Rixanne Wehren
GeoGraphics / Coast GIS Lab

Coastwalk- Ca. Coastal Trail mapping coordinator
www.californiacoastaltrail.info