From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:18:58 -0500
Subject:        Directory of Map Competitions
Date:   Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:15:27 -0500
From:   Youngblood, Dawn <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Maps-L Colleagues;

At the April meeting of the American Association of Geographers (AAG) in
Boston, I was named chair of the Cartography Specialty Group. I have
found this group very useful in understanding the current and future
directions of cartography.  There are also sessions on the history of
cartography and historic cartography.  One of my goals in serving as
chair is to collect all of the various map competitions and present them
to our membership in one place on our web pages.  Since many of these
folks are geography professionals, students, and faculty they likely do
not subscribe to Maps-L. Thus, I will be watching the listserv during
this year and creating a master list that can then be updated in future
years.  In the mean time, if anyone would like to send me word of
cartography competitions off list, they would be welcome. Thank you,
Cynthia, for your post on the NEMO competition.

Sincerely,

Dawn Youngblood
214-768-2285

Dr. Dawn Youngblood