From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 08:37:06 -0500
Subject:        Re: Google Earth miss-matches
Date:   Fri, 23 May 2008 22:21:44 -0700
From:   Matt Fox <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

I think it is simply the vector data is not as accurate as the
imagery.  Or the georeferencing of one the vector data just doesn't
quite match the imagery.  Shouldn't have anything to do with datums.
I'm sure they are always looking at improving the quality of their
source data, but I seriously doubt they will go through and manually
adjust road vectors to match the imagery.

Matt