From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:31:49 -0500
Subject:         USGS OF 2002-306: Title Correction (UPDATE)
Date:   Fri, 21 Aug 2009
From:   Irena Kavalek <[log in to unmask]>

One more USGS publication has been identified for correction:  OCLC#
31534258.  This Digital Data Series DDS-23, titled Photoglossary of
Marine and Continental Ichnofossils,  was authored by Thomas M. Bown
(not Thomas M. Brown). The CD-ROM insert actually shows the wrong name, and
you may want to correct the label.  The text file gives the correct name.

There is a Thomas M. Brown, writing on paleosols, weathering,  fluvial
environments, and deserts (LC Authority 87151572), while Thomas M. Bown
wrote primarily on vertebrate paleontology (LC Authority 78009849).

There are additional corrections to be made in GeoRef and AGI has been
contacted to make the necessary changes.

We thank alert users of our catalogs for catching these mistakes.  I
hope this is the last message on this topic, but if you discover more
problems,
please let me know.

Thanks.
Irena Kavalek
Chief, Technical Services
Email: [log in to unmask]
Voice: 703.648.4486
Fax: 703.648.6376
U.S. Geological Survey Library
950 National Center
12201 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20192
Web Site: http://library.usgs.gov/

It was brought to our attention that a USGS Open File 2001-306 (CD-ROM),
with the title" Digital Archives - Thomas *Bown's* Bighorn Basin Maps"
was originally cataloged incorrectly as "Digital Archives - Thomas
*Brown's* Bighorn Basin  Maps".

The OCLC record #48512910 has been corrected, but you may want to check
your local catalogs in case you imported the incorrect version.