Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:44:41 -0600
Subject:        Latest additions to the Broer Map Library
Date:   Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:18:10 -0500
From:   Dave Broer <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

I am pleased to announce that we have added our first batch of maps for
2007 to our online digital collection of historic maps.  We have added
nearly 700 maps, mostly from foreign atlases.  We added British,
Chinese, Dutch, Italian, and Venezuelan maps.  In addition to these, we
added 40 historic U.S. National Park maps to the collection.  This
brings to 8 the number of foreign language maps that we offer.

We have also been working to improve the Historic Map Index.  We now
have links to over 60,000 online historic maps.

We are excited about the future prospects of the collection.  We will be
making many of our maps available for viewing in Google Earth as well as
adding another batch of historic atlases from different eras of the 20th
century.  We are also working on adding a current and historic place
name database as well as adding more historic USGS topo maps to the
collection.  All in all, 2007 should be a great year for us.

You can view the latest index here:

http://www.broermapsonline.org/members/

You may learn more about us here:

http://www.broermaps.org/