Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:50:10 -0600
Subject:        Online map indexes to USGS topo series?
Date:   Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:33:23 -0500
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

All,

I'm involved with assisting some folks at a small college here in
Pennsylvania towards organizing a geology-based map collection and
visited the site late last week. One thought that came out of
discussions was wondering if the paper map indexes that go with the
various USGS standard map series -- 7.5 minute, 1:125s, 1:250s, etc.
are now freely available online? Well, when I got back to work last
Friday I did some digging at the USGS website and a couple of other
places that I thought might have links to such an animal but after
about 20 minutes did not turn up anything. I am relatively certain
that the map indexes have been scanned and mounted somewhere and said
so to my colleagues at the college.

Since I didn't find 'em myself, now I'm turning to the experts here
on MAPS-L to answer the question "are the USGS map indexes available
online, and if so where can I find them?" Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Paige