From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:19:30 -0600
Subject:        Re: socialexplorer.com
Date:   Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:02:54 -0500
From:   Claudette Rocan <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hi Dennis,

Most libraries put a list of the databases they subscribe to on their
Internet sites. You could visit the website of the Chicago Public
Library, but I have a feeling that this is such an obscure database that
will not subscribe to it.

You could check university databases which are also listed on the
library websites, but most likely you will not be able to access them
remotely. Some universities though allow access to their databases if
you visit their library. It has something to do with licensing that they
can allow visitors to access the data on-site.

I would actually suggest that you contact the Chicago Historical Society
or a local archives.

Good luck,

Claudette Rocan