Sender:
"Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:22:19 -0500
Subject:        using Google Earth for map cataloging to obtain coordinates
Date:   Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:08:53 -0700, Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:46:15 -0700
From:   Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

We here would also like a way to auto-transport
coordinates into correct MARC tags. Even without that
feature, Google Earth is very handy for obtaining
coordinates, especially for islands. But ...
there are some - not many - coordinate errors that one
of us has found.

--
Mary Lynette Larsgaard
Director, Map Library