From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:28:19 -0500
Subject:        offer--old USGS map indexes and catalogs
Date:   Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:24:18 -0500
From:   McInroy, Mary R <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings.

In an effort to get ready for asbestos abatement this summer here in the
Map Collection, I am trying to get rid of as much “stuff” as I can—stuff
that has been in piles of other stuff for ages.

I found in filing cabinets here a more-than-sufficient number of USGS
sheet map indexes and booklet catalogs and indexes of topo coverage in
various states. I think I can make do with one extra copy of an index
sheet per state and one extra of the green book-formatted indexes per
state, so that means I’ll have extras to give out to anyone who would
like them.

Do you need an extra index sheet for topo holdings in your state or
elsewhere?

And how about those brown-covered catalogs of published and topographic
maps for your state? Looks like I have old and newer issues for most
states in those cabinets.

If you want any of these, please let me know by 8 May—we need to start
moving things around very soon after that, and I will recycle those that
are not requested by that date.

Thank you, and wish us luck on the abatement process. I’ve heard that
some of you have already gone through this process.

Best,

Mary McInroy

Reference & Library Instruction/ Map Collection

University of Iowa Libraries Iowa City, IA 52242-1420

(319)335-6247

FAX: (319)335-5900

e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>