From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:25:18 -0500
Subject:        Oversight Hearing On "Federal Geospatial Data Management
Date:   Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:01:34 -0500 (CDT)
From:   Linda R Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Map&AirPhotoDiscussionList <[log in to unmask]>, Geonet

Hello,

I read this on one of my RSS feeds today:

Subcommittee On Energy And Mineral Resources Oversight Hearing On "Federal Geospatial Data Management" And Legislative Hearing On H.R. 2489

Subcommittee Hearing

Date: Thursday, July 23, 2009 At 10:00:00 AM

The House Natural Resources Committee, Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources, led by Rep. Jim Costa (D-CA), will hold an oversight hearing on "Federal Geospatial Data Management."

This hearing will be directly followed by a legislative hearing on the following bill:

* H.R. 2489 (Herseth Sandlin): To authorize a comprehensive national cooperative geospatial imagery mapping program through the United States Geological Survey, to promote use of the program for education, workforce training and development, and applied research, and to support Federal, State, tribal, and local government programs. "AmericaView Geospatial Imagery Mapping Program Act."

Subject:
House Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources
Oversight Hearing on "Federal Geospatial Data Management" and Legislative Hearing on H.R. 2489

When:
Thursday, July 23, 2009, at 10:00 a.m.

Where:
Room 1324 Longworth House Office Building

Witnesses:
TBA

The hearing will be webcast live and archived on the Committee's Web site at http://resourcescommittee.house.gov/.

Linda Zellmer

--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian