From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:35:56 -0500
Subject:        Guyana topgraphic coverage?
Date:   Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:18:43 -0600
From:   Ilene Raynes <[log in to unmask]>
To:     'Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all-

We have a patron who is looking for detailed topographic coverage of an
area of Guyana. The center point of the area she’s interested in seeing
is: Lat 5.793 / Long -59.797. We noticed that there’s a 1:50,000 set of
topos that covers this area, but we do not own it. The sheet numbers we
think she’d be interested in are: 25, 26, 34, and 35 (there are 4 sheets
to each number, divided by NE, NW, SE, SW). Does anyone out there own
sheets in this area? If so, would you be willing to interlibrary loan
them to her via the Dolores, Colorado Public Library?

We also see that there are several JOG sheets that cover her area. We
have two of the four we think she’d be interested in. Does anyone have
JOGs NB 21-5 and NB 21-9? Does anyone know if these sheets were even
produced? Again, if you have these, would you be willing to interlibrary
loan them to her via the Dolores, Colorado Public Library?

Finally, does anyone know of other detailed topographic mapping that
would cover these coordinates? The 1:125,000 AMS set looks like it does not.

Thanks!

Ilene

Ilene Raynes

University of Colorado at Boulder

Jerry Crail Johnson Earth Sciences and Map Library

Campus Box 184

Boulder, CO 80309

(303)-492-4487 (phone)

(303)-735-4879 (fax)