From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:38:15 -0500
Subject:        Looking for GIS data on morphology of littoral zone &
Sublittoral zone of Pacific NA Coast
Date:   Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:28:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     Air Photo Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all,

I have a patron who is looking for GIS data that would allow her to identify sandy vs. mudflat vs. rocky coastline, intertidal and near-shore areas of the Pacific Coast from Alaska to the southern tip of Baja CA.

She is also looking for data that would allow her to identify what type of rocks are in the rocky areas.

I'm not sure that anyone has published this type of data for a significant stretch of the area she is looking at. Any leads would be appreciated.

We are looking at individual coastal charts, topo maps, and geological maps for clues to conditions in a specific area.  However, we'd like to be able to search the entire coastline more efficiently.

Thanks,

Kathy Stroud, Map/GIS Librarian
Biological/Agricultural Sciences and Map Services, Shields Library
100 NW Quad Ave.
Davis, CA 95616-5292
530-752-5248