From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:53:20 -0500
Subject:        FW: Digitized historic maps query
Date:   Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:12:28 +0100
From:   Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To:     'Maps-L' <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>
CC:     'Tony Campbell' <[log in to unmask]>

Being a secret revolutionary, I'm responding publicly to the whole list
('MAPS-L') rather than privately off-list, in order that all can view a
web-page - 'Images of early maps on the web' - on the gateway site
www.maphistory.info/webimages.html ("Last updates 1 July 2010").

It goes without saying that, if anyone has checked off this site and
'finds it wanting' then its initiator and maintainer (Tony Campbell,
ex-Map Librarian, The British Library) continually invites either
'Addenda and Corrigenda' (to use, in electronic speak, an outdated term)
or information/suggestions on further links. All in order to limit
duplication/replication, etc.

Francis Herbert (ex-Curator of Maps, RGS-IBG) [and there's only one of
him . . .]