From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:08:05 -0600
Subject:        Baltimore Maps
Date:   Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:00:11 -0500
From:   Jim Gillispie <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Adonna!

Two map colleagues passed along the request you sent to  Maps-L.  I
understand you’re looking for an 1861 map of Baltimore City that
provides railroad information.  I didn’t find any maps in our digital or
print collections dated 1861. For other maps around that time period,
  take a look at our scanned Baltimore maps at:
  https://jscholarship.library.jhu.edu/handle/1774.2/32585  Tiff and jpeg
images are available for downloading.

I did a quick look and here are some suggestions all with RR information:

·         Plan of Baltimore (1860)

https://jscholarship.library.jhu.edu/handle/1774.2/32596

Note:  Map covers central city only.

·         Map of Baltimore (1860)

https://jscholarship.library.jhu.edu/handle/1774.2/33818

Note:  From the 1860 Baltimore City Directory.

·         Map of Baltimore (1859)

https://jscholarship.library.jhu.edu/handle/1774.2/32614

Note: From 1859 Baltimore City Directory

·         Map of Baltimore (1863)

https://jscholarship.library.jhu.edu/handle/1774.2/33819

·         Colton’s City of Baltimore (1855)

https://jscholarship.library.jhu.edu/handle/1774.2/32608

·         City Atlas of Baltimore, Maryland and Environs (1876)

https://jscholarship.library.jhu.edu/handle/1774.2/32648

Note:  Great details, first detailed atlas of Baltimore. Long way from 1861.

Hope this provides some useful information.  Let me know if you have any
questions!

Jim

*/James E. Gillispie/***

Head, Access Services & Govt. Pubs./Maps/Law Library

Eisenhower Library

Johns Hopkins University

410-516-8360