Sender:
"Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:45:20 -0500
Subject:        Korean Cultural Centre UK-Exhibition on Korean old maps
Date:   Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:32:09 BST
From:   Eunjeong Shin <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Sir/Madame,

I would first like to introduce myself as the librarian of the Korean
Cultural Centre UK which opened last January at Trafalgar Square to promote
Korean culture and arts. I am writing to enquire whether I could obtain the
email addresses of the members of your society.

I am currently working on an exhibition, Imaginary Landscape: Korean old
maps from the National Library of Korea, which has its opening on 20th May
2008. At the opening ceremony the Centre would very much like to invite
experts in cartography and geography. This exhibition is first of its kind
in the UK showing Korean old maps and I believe that it would be a great
opportunity for experts in this field to have a closer look and experience
Korean typography and cartography.

I wish to send formal invitations to geographers and cartographers in your
society - please let me know if this is possible.

Yours faithfully,

 Eunjeong Shin
 Librarian
 Korean Cultural Centre UK