Sender:
"Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:59:55 -0600
Subject:        Nancy B. Olson Award Announcement
Date:   Fri, 06 Feb 2009 15:10:39 -0600
From:   Susan Moore <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Nancy B. Olson Award Announcement

It is with pleasure to announce that we, the OLAC Awards Committee, have
selected Paige Andrew to receive the 2009 Nancy B. Olson Award.  The
Committee received many worthy nominations this year, and we wished that
we could have given each of them an award.  However, when we combined
Paige’s considerable achievements in furthering the goals of
standardization of map cataloging, including MARC coding and tagging and
promoting the understanding of map cataloging and data exchange by
professionals unfamiliar with these materials and process, the choice
was evident.

The award will be presented to Paige at the OLAC membership meeting in
July during the ALA Annual Conference:
For making substantial contributions to audiovisual and map cataloging
For his various publications on map cataloging
For presenting quality cataloging workshops at OLAC Conferences and
other local, state, regional, and national conferences
For his work in and for OLAC and various national and regional
organizations and committees
For his willingness to share his knowledge with other librarians

Congratulations Paige!

The 2009 Nancy B. Olson Awards Committee
Vicki Toy-Smith, Committee Chair
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center/M.S. 0322
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV  89557
(775) 682-5601