From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:03:02 -0600
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Scott R McEathron" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship ([log in to unmask])" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 7, 2011 12:34:02 PM
Subject: question about faculty rank

Please forgive the cross-posting.

Several of us have been in a discussion about applying for promotion to full professor. The problem is that it is necessary to submit names of people in our given specialties that are at the rank equivalent to Full Professor to be potential reviewers. It seems that most of the geography/geology/maps librarians at that rank have retired in the past five or ten years. Thus, we would like to compile a list of people at the rank of Full Professor.

Furthermore, a list of people with faculty status and rank equivalent to Associate Professor may be useful to the librarians in tenure-track positions seeking names for their review. Please send me your name and rank if you would assent to being on one of these lists. I will in turn send it out to those whom request it.

Sincerely,
Scott R. McEathron
Associate Librarian

T. R. Smith Map Collection--University of Kansas Libraries
1301 Hoch Auditoria Dr.
Lawrence, KS 66045-7537

Tel: 785.864.4662
Fax: 785.864.5705