From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:42:52 -0500
Subject:        acid-free folders
Date:   Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:52:12 -0500
From:   Miriam E Glanz <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Greetings!

We just received a gift of around a hundred maps in our library and had to
purchased a map case to place them in. We would like to have some
acid-free folders to protect these items since we do not have an
encapsulation machine on-hand to preserve these materials and they are
fragile. Any suggestions of vendors to purchase large acid free folders?
The maps are old soil surveys from the 1900's to give you an idea on size.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Miriam "Liz" Glanz
Librarian
IAP World Services