From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:44:26 -0600
Hi Everyone,

After 5 years of moderating the Maps-L discussion list, I've decided to
make a change to how emails are handled. Right now, submissions to the
the list are moderated by the editor (me). Moderation of the emails
isn't that time consuming but I really don't think it's necessary. There
are very few problem emails - the occasional "unsubscribe me" or "please
pick up milk on the way home from work" type emails - but not really
that much.

So, my New Years resolution is to move to a more automated lifestyle. I
am going to change things beginning today and give it a try. If we all
find that junk is getting through, I can switch back to moderating the
list more hands-on.

CAUTION! If you accidentally send an email to the list about your aunt
Bertha's bunions ... you're on your own.

Please feel free to email me off list if you have comments or suggestions.

Happy New Year!

-Angie
Maps-L Moderator

Angie Cope, Senior Academic Librarian
American Geographical Society Library
UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/index.html
Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
(414)229-6282 / (800)558-8993 (US TOLL FREE) / (414)229-3624 (FAX)
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W