From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:47:46 -0500
Subject:        Dubai aerial photos 1940's - 1960's
Date:   Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:41:44 -0300
From:   Milton,Terri <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all;

Seeking aerial photographs in aid of an environmental assessment project
in Dubai, UAE.

The background information to this project involves the dredging of
Dubai Creek, which was approved in 1954 and completed by 1964. The Al
Maktoum Bridge was constructed in 1964 and the Al Maktoum undersea
tunnel in 1967.

The photos in question would date from the 1940’s 1950’s and possibly
1960’s - dating _prior_ to the dredging. Any suggested sources of
photographs would be most welcome. People can contact me off the MAPS-L
list at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> I was
formerly associated with MAPS-L and CARTA but no longer have map library
responsibilities at NSCC.

Thanks,

Terri

Terri Milton

Campus Librarian

NSCC Akerley Campus

21 Woodlawn Road

Dartmouth, NS B2W 2R7

Ph: 902.491.3580

Fx: 902.491.4903

E: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

W: www.library.nscc.ca <http://www.library.nscc.ca>