From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 11:12:02 -0500
Subject:        Larry Carver retiring in June, returning part-time in August
Date:   Tue, 20 May 2008 09:09:04 -0700
From:   Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Larry Carver, who has worked in
the Map and Imagery Lab since 1967
(starting as a Library Assistant 1 :-) )
is retiring and then returning part time.
Here is the text of the email the University
Librarian sent out to the Library:

"After a long and illustrious career at the UCSB Libraries, our very own

AUL for Library Systems, Digital Library Operations and the MIL, Larry
Carver, is retiring! Since 1967 Larry has been the chief architect of
our Map and Imagery Lab and the internationally recognized Alexandria
Digital Library.  Because of his leadership, we have one of the largest
collections of aerial photography in the world.

We are very happy for Larry and pleased he will return in August to work
part-time as Director of Information Strategy and  PI for the
multi-million dollar Library of Congress grant.  In that capacity, Larry
will report to the University Librarian. This will give us time to
consider our long range plans for organization of the library.

Thank you, Larry, for your leadership, your vision, your energy. You go
with our best wishes in this new stage of your life.

Best,
Brenda Johnson"

-- Brenda L. Johnson University Librarian UC Santa Barbara Libraries
Santa Barbara, California 93106-9010 805.893.3256 Fax 805.893.7010

Mary Lynette Larsgaard
Director, Map Library
Assistant Head, Map and Imagery Laboratory
Davidson Library
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara CA 93106-9010
USA
http://www.sdc.ucsb.edu
voice: 805/893-4049; 2779, reference desk
fax: 805/893-8799