From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:34:24 -0500
Subject:        Re: How many maps in your collection?
Date:   Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:05:04 -0600
From:   Anna-Lise Smith <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum Maps <[log in to unmask]>

If an academic institution, is the collection part of the main library
or an academic department?  Main Library

If the collection is part of the main library, which unit is it under
(Example; Gov. Docs., Reference):  N/A

If the collection is part of an academic department, which department?

Number of maps: 1,758

Number of aerial photographs: 0

Number of full-time staff:  0--it is part of the duties of a full-time librarian, but we don't have a map librarian as such

Hope this helps,

Annie Smith, MLS
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Utah Valley University Library