From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:03:24 -0500
Subject:        Journal Announces Addition of a New Associate Editor
Date:   Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:35:53 -0400
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Mary Lynette Larsgaard and Paige G. Andrew, co-editors of the /Journal
of Map & Geography Libraries/ (JMGL), are very pleased to announce the
addition of Kathy Weimer as Associate Editor! Kathy holds the rank of
Associate Professor, and is the Coordinator of Map and GIS Collections
and Services at the University Libraries of Texas A&M University. Mary
and I have had active working relationships with Kathy over the years,
primarily through our joint membership in the Map and Geography Round
Table of ALA.

Kathy brings to the job excellent related experiences as a former
editorial assistant for the Public Library Association's official
journal, /Public Libraries/, from 1989-1990. She is also an active
researcher on a wide variety of map librarianship topics and has
authored several published articles, appearing in the /Journal of
Education for Library and Information Science/, /Reference & User
Services Quarterly/, /Library Resources & Technical Services/,
/Cataloging & Classification Quarterly/, /Documents to the People/,
/Magazine for Libraries/ and the WAML /Information Bulletin/.

Kathy is currently Chair-Elect of the Map and Geography Round Table of
ALA, and recently served as Compiler and Lead Editor of "Map, GIS and
Cataloging/Metadata Librarian Core Competencies" prepared by the
Education Committee of MAGERT. I had the pleasure of serving under, and
working closely with her on this latter publication, which now resides
as one of about a dozen professional core competencies documents on the
ALA website.

Please join us in congratulating Kathy for stepping up into this role,
as it will allow the journal to continue its life into the future. As
always, if you have suggestions for or wish to contribute to JMGL please
contact any of the three of us!

Paige Andrew
on behalf of Mary Larsgaard and Kathy Weimer