From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:30:48 -0600
Subject:        MAGIRT/CaMMS Cataloging of Cartographic Resources Interest Group
Date:   Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:46:00 -0800
From:   Ratliff, Louise <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

The *MAGIRT/CaMMS Cataloging of Cartographic Resources Interest Group*
will meet at ALA Midwinter in Dallas on Sunday, January 22, 2012 from
8:00 am to 9:45 am in D161.

Do you catalog maps, digital images, atlases or other cartographic
materials?

Do you want to know how other institutions provide metadata for their
digital collections of cartographic resources? Are you confused about
how RDA will change your cataloging practices? Have you cataloged a
digital map according to the PCC Provider-Neutral guidelines and wonder
if you got it right? Have you implemented cataloging according to the
BIBCO Standard Record, and does it save you time?

Then this group is for you!

Bring questions! Bring puzzles! You may even bring answers!
Announcements are always welcome.

So far, the topics include RDA and cartographic resources cataloging. We
have time for a few more, so please email me with other issues that you
would like the group to address.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you in Dallas!

Louise Ratliff

Chair, MAGIRT/CaMMS Cataloging of Cartographic Resources Interest Group
Social Sciences and Map Catalog Librarian
UCLA Cataloging & Metadata Center