From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2012 08:46:30 -0500
Subject:        Re: map authenticators in Champaign, Illinois?
Date:   Tue, 03 Apr 2012 09:38:07 -0400
From:   Joel Kovarsky <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

I do not specifically know about an appraiser in the Champaign-Urbana
area, but would suggest a couple of other options. Take a look at Jeremy
Pool's geographic list of map dealers:
http://maprecord.com/Dealers_US.html . Also, his _Antique Map Price
Record_ database has now merged with the database at OldMaps.com
(http://www.oldmaps.com/). It is possible to pay a fee for a single day
use at the site. The issue of spelling and early letter-forms
(http://www.folger.edu/bsc/mapcatalogingworkshoptranscription.pdf) might
cause the person some trouble in her search.

          Joel Kovarsky