From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:52:23 -0600
Subject: RE:  MAPS-L Digest - 10 Nov 2010 to 11 Nov 2010 (#2010-217)
(UNCLASSIFIED)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:46:42 -0600
From: Hadden, Robert L AGC <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>
CC: <[log in to unmask]>,        <[log in to unmask]>

        Go to worldcat.org, and under advanced search, put in Baltimore as
the subject, Map as the format, and 1850-1870 as the date limiters. 68 hits.
        Whether these hits are available for inter-library loan is another
question.
        A main strain station in Baltimore in 1861 was the President Street
Station. Wikipedia has an article about it at:
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_Street_Station). Many of the
historical organizations associated with this museum may have good maps for
whatever purposes this person needs.
        Good luck

R. Lee Hadden, BA, BS, MLS
Geospatial Information Library (Map Library)
Army Geospatial Center
7701 Telegraph Road
Alexandria, VA 22315
(703) 428-9206