From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:33:23 -0600
Subject:        Re: Cartography course for homeschooling families
Date:   Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:24:49 -0800
From:   Carlos Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Some of that factoid information like what is the longest river, deepest
lake, etc. can be found in the World Almanac and Book of Facts which can
be found in most bookstores.
The U.S. Geological Survey has lots of educational material on their
website at:
http://education.usgs.gov/
As a matter of fact, most government agencies have educational material
that is easily downloadable with curriculum plans and everything.
I would also encourage home schooling parents to visit libraries because
that's where you will find the material you need for free.
University/College libraries have maps collection they can checkout like
topographic maps, nautical charts, general and reference maps of all
kinds. Federal depository libraries have huge amounts of information
that home schooling parents can use...all for free!!

,-~~-.___.

/ | ' \ "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of

( ) 0 the few or the one."

\_/-, ,----'

==== // Mr. Spock

/ \-'~; /~~~(O) Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

/ __/~| / |

=( _____| (_________|

Carlos A. Diaz

Government Publications, Maps, and Microforms

James E. Brooks Library

Central Washington University

Mailstop 7548

Ellensburg, WA 98926

http://www.lib.cwu.edu/government-publications/

Carlos' phone: (509) 963-1545

  >>> "Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library, UW Milwaukee"
<[log in to unmask]> 1/4/2012 6:00 AM >>>