From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2013 08:08:17 -0500
Subject:        RDA Q&A Webinar July 22, 2013
Date:   Mon, 8 Jul 2013 22:25:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:   Paige G Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Susan Moore and I delivered this year's MAGIRT Program recently on June
29th at the American Library Association Annual Conference in Chicago.
For several weeks even before this we planned a Question & Answer
webinar session intended to cover questions we did not get to answer in
person or were unasked -- turns out that we had so much content to share
we did not receive any questions! So, here's your chance -- if you
attended our presentation at the ALA conference, "Maps the RDA Way: Come
Catalog a Map with Us!" but failed to voice a question then, or simply
came up with one or more questions since then, please do set aside an
hour on July 22nd. Or, even if you didn't attend but do have a question
about cataloging cartographic materials using RDA, feel free to join in
on this /free/ webinar.

"Maps the RDA Way: the Sequel"
Monday, July 22nd
1 p.m. CENTRAL TIME/2 p.m. EASTERN TIME

The link to learn more about the webinar and to register is:

*http://ala.adobeconnect.com/e4so1gw0qic/event/registration.html
<http://ala.adobeconnect.com/e4so1gw0qic/event/registration.html>*

Finally, feel free to send Susan ([log in to unmask]) or myself
([log in to unmask]) a question or two in advance of the webinar to give us
some time to do any needed research. And...we cannot guarantee we'll
know the answer to everything, but we will do our best to inform you of
the ins and outs of our new cataloging standard, /Resource Description
and Access/, or RDA.

Sincerely,

Paige Andrew
Maps Cataloging Librarian