From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2010 12:24:18 -0500
Subject:        Re: Looking for medieval maps of England
Date:   Fri, 09 Jul 2010 13:04:26 -0400
From:   Joel Kovarsky <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship
CC:     [log in to unmask]

The dates listed span nearly six hundred years, so they are also
intersecting the Renaissance. I would not classify this as wisdom, but
if not already consulted, I would look at Catherine-Delano Smith and
Roger Kain's book, _English Maps: A History_ . It is readily available,
inexpensive, and covers much of what is queried. There is also a sizable
amount of information concerning England in the latest, two volume,
History of Cartography series: _Cartography in the European
Renaissance_. Also, I'd consider posting the query to MapHist, where a
number of participants would likely be able to provide more expert
assistance.

Joel Kovarsky