From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:28:41 -0500
Subject: Acknowledgement for Maps made with GIS (Friday Discussion Topic)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:21:17 -0500 (CDT)
From: Linda R Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
To: Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

I have a question that I have not seen discussed in this forum before.

As a GIS literate librarian, I am sometimes asked to make a map for a
user (sometimes for publication). When you make maps for users, do you
put your name on the map with the other attribution?

There are two different versions that could be used:

1. Made in the [NAME OF INSTITUTION AND UNIT] with data from . . .

2. Made by [PERSONAL NAME], [NAME OF INSTITUTION AND UNIT] with data
from . . .

Which version do you use? In the case of #1, the author of the article
(assuming it is for publication) could include a personal
acknowledgement in that section of the paper.

Thanks for your help. Linda Zellmer

--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian