From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 13:54:19 -0500
Subject: Re: cardboard for making map folders
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 11:45:05 -0700
From: timross <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Brendan,

The Western Ass'n. of Map Libraries (WAML) lists suppliers of acid free
papers and folders in its Map Librarians'  Toolbox under the heading
'Map Preservation Supplies'  http://www.waml.org/maptools.html

Given the probable high cost of shipping buffered papers overseas,
though, I wonder if there is a supplier of acid-free museum boxes in
Oz?  If so, perhaps they could sell you some of the buffered paper that
they manufacture the boxes from.

Best,

Tim Ross
University of British Columbia, Vancouver

--

Tim Ross,  Map  &  Reference Librarian
Koerner Library, Univ. of British Columbia