From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 12:56:14 -0600
Subject: Re: East View World Geographical Atlas
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 11:48:18 -0600
From: Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library, UW Milwaukee
To: Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Michael,

The atlas is as I described, quite lovely. It comes in a beautiful slip
case and is sturdy (atlas and case). It's a collaboration between East
View and Istituto geografico De Agostini so some of the text at the
beginning is in English and Italian.

Here are some observations ...

1) Smells nice.

2) Beautifully handles shading, gradient tints, bathymetry, borders,
labels, titles, location maps, etc.

3) Has interesting use of multiple language place names - South Africa -
English and Afrikaans, Quebec - English and French, etc.

4) Has Southern Sudan listed but with a temporary boundary. Same for Kosovo.

5) Myanmar not Burma.

6) Includes label: Sea of Japan / East Sea.

7) Neat and clear table of contents helps you find pretty much
everything you need.

8) Index accurate for 5 sample searches.

9) Only listing in index for Tibet is for the Plateau of Tibet (not
under Autonomous region either)

10) Nice use of different projections for different regions (Arctic vs.
equatorial) and labelled clearly with which projection is used.

That's about it "quickly."

Angie