From:
Michael Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:23:08 -0500
On 1/15/2016 10:49 AM, Stone, Howard wrote:
> Thanks for enlightening me. I never knew that there was gold in
> Virginia, although nowhere near Jamestown. In Pocahontas, after
> Captain John Ratcliffe and the colonists disembark from the ship, he
> consults a map (really!) and throws them picks and shovels, and they
> immediately start digging while Ratcliffe gloats "Mine, mine, mine!"
> Geographical incorrectness aside, I think that it's a great play on
> words with spirited music, lyrics, and animation, sung by David Ogden
> Stiers.
>           "The gold of Cortez, the jewels of Pizarro
>           Will seem like mere trinkets by this time tomorrow ..."
My daughter commented on that Disney movie.  There's a scene in which
Pocahontas and Smith look through the trees down on a flat valley.  My
daughter spoke up in her normal speaking voice in the middle of a
darkened theater: "I've lived in Virginia all my life and there's
nothing like that in Virginia."

Is there some source of maps specifically for movies?

---