From:
Four One <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 12:49:17 EST
We have had many requests regarding the RUSSIAN LANGUAGE atlas,
published in 1986.  Unfortunately, we could not answer everyone by mail
or by fax.  This detailed cartographic publication "THE ATLAS OF THE
U.S.S.R" was produced only three times in history - 1962, 1969 & 1986.
In 1991, the U.S.S.R. as we knew it, dissolved.  THE ATLAS OF THE
U.S.S.R. 1986 IS THE FINAL DETAILED PUBLICATION ABOUT THE COUNTRY WHOSE
NAME WILL NEVER APPEAR ON MAPS OF THE WORLD.  It has great historical
and scientific value.  There are 151 maps in this atlas and it consists
of 4 parts - introduction (3 maps), geographical (43 maps), nature (41
maps), social and economical & review (64 maps).  The review includes
political-administrative division of the USSR and the new countries
which appeared as a result.  The boards of these countries are in
accordance with the former republics of the USSR, this is why the
information is of interest in present day.  You can also find unique
information on the maps of this atlas: ie. maps of medicinal plants
(where they grow), accesibility to rivers in spring when the ice thaws,
period of time when there is no ice on the rivers, when cherry trees
begin to flower, structure of population, etc.  At the conclusion of the
atlas are references with regards to nature and an index of geographical
names - more than 30,000 in total.  If you would like more information,
please phone/fax/mail/e-mail below:
PHONE:  (519) 433-1351, FAX: (519) 433-5903
E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]
MAIL: FOUR ONE COMPANY LTD., 523 HAMILTON ROAD, LONDON, ONTARIO, CANADA,
N5Z 1S3.