From:
Susan Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 09:29:38 EST
I am the MAGERT Cataloging and Classification Committee liaison to MARBI.
At the Saturday morning meeting, we will be discussing the proposal on
the encoding of atlases in USMARC bibliographic format.  The proposal
suggests expanding the 007 and 008 field for cartographic materials to
accommodate atlases.  This will allow atlases to be cataloged in the
maps format.  I would like some input on this issue.  I searched the
archives for the response when this issue was first posted, but
everyone must have sent their thoughts to LC.  Please respond to me
and not the list.  Thank you.

Susan Moore
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ  87521